Thursday, July 14, 2011

Candy Bar Pie

While I was at girls camp a few weeks ago I had the pleasure of eating some pretty tasty food. One of the best things I had was this pie that a fellow leader had prepared.
Can I say yummmmm!

The best part is that it only takes a little bit of prep and barely any time to throw together.

Here are the ingredients:

Vanilla Ice cream, Whipped topping, candy bar of your choice, caramel ice cream topping, Magic shell Chocolate topping, Graham cracker Pie crust.

The prep for this is simple. First take the ice cream and whipped topping out of the freezer and let it thaw out a bit so it is easier to spread and mix.
The second thing is to bash up your candy bars. That's right grab a meat mallet and take out your aggression on your tasty treats :)

Sample the candy to make sure the taste is right...

yep mine is good.

Now lets get down to making this yummy dessert.

Take your graham cracker crust and your magic shell Chocolate. Squirt a bit of the chocolate into the shell.



and then make sure you swirl it around to coat the bottom.

 
Next take your ice cream that has slightly thawed...(You will only want about half of your container)
 and your whipped topping (half of this container as well) and combine them with your pre-bashed candy bars. (leave a bit of candy bar to spread on top when finished)


After you have mixed it all up take about half and spoon it into your pie crust and then top it with some more of that magic shell and caramel sauce.


Next take the remaining half of the mixture and smooth it all out.


Take the remaining part of the candy bar and sprinkle it over the top and add some more of that caramel for good measure.


Here you have it, a very simple and tasty dessert compliments of my friend Camille...thanks by the way Camille, I am addicted ;)


Linked to:

8 comments:

  1. I have given you an award! Go check it out!

    http://thesodaparlor.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-very-first-award-liebster-blog-award.html

    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my yumminess! I am your newest follower! i would love it if you would become my newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at the title! It looks absolutely yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH! This will be made tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following u with GFC!
    Thanks for linking to Bacon Time, looks good!
    Hope u will join us each week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta try this, found you at spunky junky. I'm a new follower and would love for you to stop by @ poppiesandpinwheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmmmm! I think I just gained 10 lbs reading this post.. but it looks sooo good! Thanks so much for sharing with the Pink Hippo Party.. can't wait to see what you share this week.. and I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! Love your blog! It would be great if you came and linked some of your ideas to Lovely Little Snippets!
    lovelylittlesnippets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete