Saturday, December 4, 2010

Experiment

My husband and I have owned our house for almost 5 years and although we have made a lot of improvements to it, it still has the sense of being a house instead of a home.
I always wanted my place to be the one where all of my kids and their friends would come to hang out. Now that I have 2 kids I figured I better start making that long time goal of mine happen.

When did I realize that my house was not the hang out place..well that happened the first time I was to host play group for my 2.5 yr old and his friends and the moms.

I will be honest...I panicked.
My house was to put it plainly a mess. A layer of dishes and food thrown from the highchair coated the kitchen. My guest bathroom wasn't horrible but not in guest condition and a nice thick layer of dust covered just about everything else.
HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

I am by no means a super clean person but I am not a messy person either. I think that it happened because I have fallen into the stay at home phase where no one sees me or the house besides the kids and husband so why should I worry? I know they love me regardless of what I look like or what state the house is in.
BUT they are the people that I want the house and myself to look nice for so I know it is time for a change.

I am the type of person that needs a goal. Something to hold me in check and someone to be accountable to.
This blog is who will be holding me to my goal...and hopefully anyone who reads it will do the same :)

I will try to be as brutally honest and show not only the after cleaned up and beautified pics of my house but also the embarrassing pics as well.

Here is to hoping that this will work and I will have a HOME that I will be proud to have others enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment