Monday, January 31, 2011

Stripping of Chair #1, check.

While the kids were being good watching Monsters vs Aliens the other day I decided to bring the chair down into the family room and get started on taking off all of the old fabric.
It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. There were around 1 million staples that had to be taken out.
Okay maybe I am exaggerating but not by much. Needless to say it was slow go. It took me the whole movie just to get most of the staples out of the bottom of the chair. ( I think whoever did this upholstery job must have been paid by the staple)
The good news though is that the chair is nearly stripped down of all the old, nasty, dirty cream fabric.
I also just got my fabric and the foam for the new cushions. I am getting really excited and can't wait to start piecing the chair back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment